Monday, April 28, 2014

Inspired Monday: impromptu weather surprise

A couple weeks ago, something really unusual happened, especially for this time of year in Tucson...it rained!




This was Easter weekend, which doesn't usually happen.  We typically have a really dry winter, and then maybe a few rainy days around March.  I notice that it tends to rain on St. Patrick's Day, so I joke that Ireland is sending us its weather.  But we don't usually see much more rain until the summer, so this was odd.
So what did I do?  I sat out on the porch to drink my morning coffee, while it was only drizzling a few drops, but it was still nice and cool.  We're not going to have porch weather for much longer, so why not enjoy it while it lasts, right?


Then, that evening we drove to a neighboring town to see a play, and it was the most beautiful drive, lots of mountains, with the stormclouds making an amazing sunset, and yellow palo verde trees blooming all around (and you know how I feel about palo verde).


It was pretty cool.


So that's what inspired me this past week: rain and clouds!  Hey, it's Arizona...we see little enough rain that when it happens, it's a special occasion. (There was one time when I was a teenager and some classmates and I left in the middle of a class to go outside and dance in the rain, simply because it was raining...but that's a story for another time.)

No comments: